SAR training 2021
All SAR organizations have had to re-evaluate deployments and training strategies as never before.
As an organization, we have decided that for 2021, SRRRMN will focus on remote training both for group members and other SAR organizations that share the same goals as SRRRMN.
We have reached out to SAR organizations to see what programs may be available for remote training opportunities, through the use of teleconferencing tools such as ZOOM.
The following training programs are currently available:
- GPS basics (both Garmin & phone Apps)
- GPS SAR best practices
- Using the U.S. National grid (USNG, UTM, Lat-Long)
- Use of handheld radios in SAR deployments
- SARtopo - basics
- SARtopo - planning a search
- SARtopo - recording data from a search
- Drone Imaging & Mapping (Geo referenced)
Our goal for 2021 will be to assist SAR resources to fill gaps in training and bring trained SAR resources to a consistent performance level on critical subjects.
For more information, please contact: